Register before July 1st and you’ll save $50 on the registration fees (with the exception of Initiation (Timbits) which now has a flat fee regardless of signup date). We’re also offering a few more benefits for the 2019-20 season:
- We’ve kept fees at last year’s rates.
- You can now pay in two instalments (pay half now, half on November 1st).
- Every team will automatically be on TeamSnap this season.
- Player profiles will be kept year-over year, which should make things easier next season.
Be sure to grab the TeamSnap App for your iPhone/Android, it’s the best way to keep track of games and activities.
What are the fees for this season?
- Initiation: $400*
- Novice: $650 before July 1, $700 afterwards
- Atom: $775 before July 1, $825 afterwards
- Peewee: $775 before July 1, $825 afterwards
- Pond (Rec): $525 before July 1, $575 afterwards
Note: Rec is now known as Pond (Rec) and still ages 7-12
Why register so early?
Banff Minor Hockey gets first choice of ice but we need to know how many kids/teams we’ll have early, before the town opens up ice availability to other teams.
What are fees used for?
Ice fees make up a significant portion of our cost, followed by paying for referees and league memberships. Our registration fees are often 25-40% lower than other leagues and in some cases does not cover all costs, the difference is made up by tournament revenue.
Why do fees go up with each division?
Each division includes additional costs such as ice time for games, playoff ice time, and referee costs. Fees per division are generally reflective of per-player costs.