Important Registration Information
Hockey Canada Number
A Hockey Canada Number (HCN) is now required to complete the registration process.
First year players:
- You need to create a Hockey Canada account as a parent and then add your child (participant) to your account and take note of their HCR number.
- If your child has already played minor hockey you can find their Hockey Canada Number by logging into eHockey
Additional Registration Requirements
- Medical Sheet: our insurance policy requires that a medical information sheet has been completed before participating in ice practices. Please print from our "forms" tab and submit at first practice to your team manager, or scan to our registrar.
- Respect in Sport: A Respect in Sport Parent certification must be completed and up-to-date before your child will be permitted to play. Certifications need to be renewed after every four seasons.
Early Bird pricing ends July 31st 2020
What are the fees for this season?
- U7: $400
- U9: $650 before August 1st, $675 afterwards
- U11: $775 before August 1st, $800 afterwards
- U13: $775 before August 1st, $800 afterwards
- U15: $775 before August 1st, $800 afterward
- Pond (Rec, ages 9-12): $525 before July 1, $550 afterwards
*Initiation fees will stay flat past the July 31st deadline.
Why register so early?
Banff Minor Hockey gets first choice of ice, but we need to know how many kids/teams we'll have early on - before the town opens up ice availability to other teams.
What are fees used for?
Ice fees make up a significant portion of our cost, followed by paying for referees and league memberships. Our registration fees are often 25-40% lower than other leagues and in some cases do not cover all costs. The difference is made up by tournament revenue.
Why do fees go up with each division?
Each division includes additional costs such as ice time for games, playoffs, and referee costs. Fees per division are generally reflective of per-player costs.
Space may be limited in some divisions. Registrations received after the Early Bird Rate will cost an additional $25. In the case of team numbers reaching capacity, the Executive Board has the right to place the player based on program availability or reject the registration with a full refund.
Please contact email@example.com to inquire about registering after the regular registration period or if the group you would like to register in is full.
Funding for Registration Fees
Banff Access Program
*Our refund policy will be affected by Covid-19. In the event of program cancellation out of our control, pro-rated refunds will be given.
If a registered player withdraws from the program for any reason, the refund amount will be calculated as follows:
Before August 15th
A full refund will be given if you withdraw your child before August 15th.
After August 15th
70% of the program Registration Fee, minus $50.00 administration fee will be refunded if you withdraw your child after August 15th.
After September 15th
50% of the program Registration Fee, minus $50.00 administration fee, will be refunded if you withdraw you child after September 15th.
After December 31st
There will be no refunds after December 31st.
Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Registrar. The Executive Board shall decide on cases that it deems necessary to examine.