Registration - Opens June 1st 9 aM
Players MUST reside in Banff or Lake Louise in order to register with Banff Minor Hockey. Canmore residents must register with Canmore Minor Hockey.
Registration Fees 2022-23
Save $50 per child by registering by June 30th! (excludes U7 & Pond)
- Intro to Hockey
- U7 (ages 5-6): $420 flat fee, no early bird, extended registration
- U9 (ages 7-8): $650 before July 1st, $700 afterwards
- Minor Hockey
- U11 (ages 9-10): $750 before July 1st, $800 afterwards
- U13 (ages 11-12): $775 before July 1st, $825 afterwards
- Ages 9-14*: $550 flat fee, no early bird, extended registration. The pond age range will depend on registration numbers. If we cannot fulfil your team request a full refund will be given.
Registration Requirements - all need to be done prior to registration!
1. Hockey Canada Number
A Hockey Canada Number (HCN) is required to complete the registration process.
First year players:
- Complete this google form and the registrar will create your child's account and notify you of the number once completed https://forms.gle/cZA81EtgL8SVii4c8
- NEW this year parents must login to the Hockey Canada website and register for an account. Your child's profile will need updating as required information has changed. Registration cannot proceed until this is completed.
- All returning players have a hockey Canada number. Once you create your Hockey Canada parent account you can find the number yourself. If you are unsure of how to do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Medical Sheet
Download the Player Medical form and provide the completed form to your team manger at first practice. Our insurance policy requires that the player medical form be completed before participating in ice practices.
3. Respect in Sport Certification
A Respect in Sport Parent certification must be completed by a parent before your child will be permitted to play. Certifications need to be renewed after every four seasons ($12, non-refundable paid to the program directly).
Learn more about Respect In Sport and how it benefits players and parents alike.
Space may be limited, so please register early! Early bird pricing ends June 30th, and registration closes July 31st (except for U7). In the case of team numbers reaching capacity, the Executive Board has the right to place the player based on program availability or reject the registration with a refund. In the case of registration numbers exceeding a single team capacity, the Board may decide to create two teams and run player evaluations (skill based, not age based).
Please contact email@example.com to inquire about registering after the regular registration period or if the group you would like to register in is full.
Funding for Registration Fees
Banff Access Program
*Our refund policy will be affected by Covid-19. In the event of program cancellation out of our control, pro-rated refunds will be given at the Board's discretion.
If a registered player withdraws from the program for any reason, the refund amount will be calculated as follows:
*payment processing fees are non-refundable
Before August 15th
A full refund will be given if you withdraw your child before August 15th.
After August 15th
70% of the program Registration Fee, minus $50.00 administration fee will be refunded if you withdraw your child after August 15th, but before September 15th.
After September 15th
50% of the program Registration Fee, minus $50.00 administration fee, will be refunded if you withdraw you child after September 15th.
After December 31st
There will be no refunds after December 31st.
Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Registrar. The Executive Board shall decide on cases that it deems necessary to examine.
Why register so early?
Banff Minor Hockey gets first choice of ice times amongst users, but we need to know how many kids/teams we'll have early on - before the town opens up ice availability to other teams.
What are fees used for?
Ice fees make up a significant portion of our cost, followed by paying for referees and league memberships. Our registration fees are often 25-40% lower than other leagues and in some cases do not cover all costs. The difference is made up by tournament revenue.
Why do fees go up with each division?
Each division includes additional costs such as ice time for games, playoffs, and referee costs. Fees per division are generally reflective of per-player costs.Hockey number info