Banff Minor Hockey follows the guidelines set out in the Hockey Alberta Return to Hockey Season Plan (PDF).
The Fenlands Recreation Centre follows the Alberta Government's Restrictions Exemption Program including requiring all patrons/attendees aged 12 and over to provide valid:
- proof of vaccination, or
- proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service, or
- documentation of a medical exemption
Updated Oct 5, 2021
Provincial direction on youth (under 18) sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities
Indoor group classes, training, and competitions are permitted, but participants are required to:
- screen for symptoms
- maintain 2 metres distancing, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- wear a mask, except youth while engaged in physical activity
- Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity, attendees are limited to a single household or 2 close contact if living alone and must be masked and maintain 2 metres physical distancing.
- Outdoor activities can continue with no restrictions.
Full details from the Province of Alberta can be found here.
Updated September 15, 2021
The direction from The Fendlands is that masks are mandatory everywhere in the building except for:
- players, coaches and on ice officials while moving between their dressing rooms and the ice;
- and while on the ice.
Updated September 10, 2021