The Banff Minor Hockey Association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 7:00pm in accordance with BMH Policies and Procedures.
Due to the nature of the ongoing pandemic, the meeting will be held online via Zoom conference.
Join AGM Via Zoom Meeting
View the 2020 AGM Agenda (.docx)
Current president Ray Horyn is at the end of his two year term, while Vice President Chris Hughes has offered his services as president.
The full list of available board positions:
- President (Ray Horyn)
- Vice President (Chris Hughes)
- Coach Coordinator (unfilled)
- Director Of Communications (Chris Lamothe)
Any member in good standing is eligible to stand for election, board positions are for a two year term and the board meets roughly once a month from August through May.
- Shall be ex-officio and a member of all committees.
- Shall when present, preside at the annual general meeting and all special meetings of BMH, and all meetings of the Executive. In his absence, the Vice-President shall preside. In the absence of both, a chairperson may be elected by the Executive to preside at the meeting.
- Shall preside at the Annual General Meeting and the Special Meetings of BMH in the absence of the president.
- Shall preside at all Executive Meetings in the absence of the President and shall accept responsibility for the supervision of all committees.
- Shall be responsible for risk management and discipline.
- Shall act as a liaison between Banff Minor Hockey and referees.
- Shall select and coordinate coaching clinics and chair a selection committee to allocate coaches to each team fairly from those who apply, based on coaches’ qualifications and past performance.
- Shall organize player evaluations, and oversee team placements.
- Shall see that coaches are certified according to Hockey Alberta rules.
- Shall set up regular coach and referee meetings at least at the start of the season to promote cooperation between coaching staff, referees and the executive.
Director Of Communications
- Shall be in charge of all communication to all BMH members via email and the BMH website.
- Shall oversee the Web Master and content.
- Shall assist the Registrar and Treasurer by setting up seasonal registration packages and ensure pricing is correct.
- Shall setup website email for the current Board of Directors and team managers.